Sunday, May 1, 2011

Digaisms






*The other day at the store, Diga slipped a container of strawberries in the cart. I didn't notice until I put them in the fridge at home. As I stared at the container trying to remember buying them, I heard this giggled phrase "Diga did it!" I can't believe I let that get by me.


*This morning when I woke up, Diga was on the couch watching TV. He saw me and said "Mommy Good Morning! Good Morning! Diga needs a hug!" So sweet.



*Diga always claps and tells everyone "Good Job!" when we use the toilet. Everyone needs their own cheer squad.


*Diga told me that Daddy needs to stay home and play with him and Mommy can go to work.


*I have never seen anyone so excited about new clothing. He loves getting new things. He can immediately spot a new item hanging in his closet. He will say "What is that!"



*At bathtime he always tries to save Efa from the water coming out of the faucet. He pulls on his arm and says "Diga helping Efa. Watch out Efa!"



*Diga always refers to himself in the third person and to everyone by name. He can not grasp the concept of you and I yet.



*Diga is a boy who doesn't get out of bed. He slept in a crib until last week because he never tried to get out. He is a dream come true. What kid stays in bed when he is put there!



*Diga is the most determined child. We went swimming a few weeks ago. He did not want to get his head wet and he didn't really want to get off the steps. When he saw Savannah swimming around under the water, he immediately tried to copy her. He does not want to be left behind. He will try over and over until he masters a skill or task.

*And Diga is a thumbsucker. I love it. He should probably stop, but I love watching him sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment