Monday, October 11, 2010

Beginnings


I've had this blog set up for a few months. I haven't actually posted anything, but I think I am ready. We have had huge changes in our life this last year. I couldn't document our adoption journey because it was too personal and too boring. Who really wants to know about paperwork gathering. Who wants to know about visiting the County Sherrif's office for a background check or the trips to the notary. How could I possibly share those feelings when I looked at the first picture of Efa and knew he should be ours-those feeling were mine and I wasn't ready to share them yet.

It has been a year since we accepted the referral for Efa. He was listed on rainbowkids.com by our agency and I think I looked at his profile everday until it was removed. We accepted a second referral for Diga a few months later. It has been a crazy year, but we have experienced so much joy that it's unbelievable. I think I am ready to write about it now. I think I am ready to share. So this blog will be about our decisions that led us to adoption, our life with a teenager and our life that brings the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment