Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Boise


I love Boise. It is where I grew up. It is where my parents live. It is where I spent the first two years of college. Goooooo Broncos! It is where I do not visit enough.


I love UEA weekends. It is a special reward for living in Utah. UEA is the Utah Education Association. Every October there is no school on a random Thursday and Friday so educators can go to classes or congregate. What it means for the Roylances is vacation. We have used these four day weekends to go OUT OF THE STATE. Sometimes the weekend has coincided with Savannah's birthday so one year we went to Disneyland and another year to San Diego.


This year we went to Boise. We had so much fun. Jason only came for a day and then he had to do what he does best-work. We shopped, ate out, stayed up late, got up early and went to Savannah's favorite place-the zoo.


My friend Kim joined us and it was so great to see her. We went to high school together and started college together. She is the most awesome dancer and has her own studio. She also is the mother of a son in college. WOW!


It was giraffe feeding time so Savannah had the opportunity to feed Julius. He was big. I don't think I have been this close to a giraffe. It's very intimidating and awesome, but it was great for Savannah.







No comments:

Post a Comment